Saturday, March 15, 2014

Making Progress On The Indoor Garden

Well I am happy to report that the handful of pots that sprouted a few weeks ago have been coming along nicely lately.  They even got to spend a couple hours out on the back stoop today since warm weather has paid a visit.

 
The carrots are starting on their third set of true leaves and they are starting to really look like carrots.
 
The spinach leaves are sizing up as well and it won't be long before these need to go into the dirt.
 
The lettuce is looking quite happy despite having fallen over along the way.  I will be starting lettuce indoors every two weeks this summer so I can try to have a consistent harvest throughout the season.
 
The basil is taking it's time to send out it's first true leaves.  The one on the left is looking the healthiest so that will be the one I leave when I thin this pot.
 
Overall I'd say that this little indoor garden is growing quite well and I am looking forward to being able to transplant some of these into real dirt when the weather gets around to warming up .
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment