Friday, May 17, 2013

Putting in the Peppers

I finally had the chance to plant out some warm weather crops this week and one of them was my pepper bed.  The peppers are out at one end of the new expansion in a row on either side of the bed.  I think there are about 19 or 20 pepper plants total: 4 red peppers, 4 green peppers, 6 yellow peppers, and 5 jalenpenos.  I know it sounds like a lot of plants, but the larger peppers usually only produce 5 or 6 good peppers per plant in a good year and I like peppers in alot of dishes.  Last year we froze as much as we could, and we are just running low on them now.  I may have planted too many jalepenos, but I usually have no problem giving them away to co-workers or turning them into salsa. 
Half of this long bed is devoted entirely to peppers.  The closest 4 plants are the red peppers, the next 4 are green peppers, the 6 after that are yellow peppers, and the tiny little plants at the end are the jalepenos.

No comments:

Post a Comment