Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Cucmber Trelis

Last year I grew my cucumbers along one side of the fence and they climbed it beautifully.  This year they were planned for a bed that did not have a fence to climb, so I improvised.  I used my left over rebar stakes and pvc pipe from years past to make a trellis for this bed.

 I'm still not sure how well the cucumbers will climb on the pvc because it has such a smooth surface, but I hope they wind their way around each pole.  I am hoping for one plant per stake so it should fill out nicely if it works at all.  I left a path down the middle of the two rows of trellis so I would have a dry place to stand when I am picking cucumbers.
 
I am definitely looking forward to eating garden fresh cucumbers again this summer.  I also can't wait to start making the next round of pickles!

No comments:

Post a Comment