Thursday, July 17, 2014

Garden Updates: Spring planting

These are a handful of pictures that I took after putting the first plantings in the garden.  I believe they were taken in early to mid May.
 This section of the garden was planted in potatoes with eight Purple Majesty, eight Red Norland, and four Yukon Gold.  The seedlings I planted were sprouted potatoes that weren't eaten this winter because they started to grow in the pantry.  They were long and gangly, but that didn't seem to stop them from taking off once they were in the dirt.
 
Next to the potatoes are the onion sets.  I planted three rows of red and three rows of yellow and they all came up nicely.
 
The last thing I planted in that early garden was the brassica bed.  I ended up with five Broccoli, three Brussel Sprouts and one lonely Red Cabbage  - all started from seed in my living room. 
 
The warm loving plants had to wait a few more weeks before they were hardened off enough to plant out.  Winter was taking it's sweet time giving way to spring this year.
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment