Saturday, September 7, 2013

Quick Garden Tour

I snapped a few quick pictures of what is still growing out in the garden. 
The lettuce that I thought was a no show has sprung up quite well in the past few weeks.

In another couple of weeks this should be big enough to start harvesting.
 
The carrots have started to come up nicely at the close end of the bed.  Its too bad that I am having a hard time keeping up with the weeds.

The green cabbages have started to form small heads.
 
The red cabbages are good sized but haven't started filling in yet.  I am not really too concerned about this crop coming in late because everything I've read about cabbage has said they do well in fairly cold temperatures. 
 
We officially have our first eggplant ever.  I've never grown eggplant before so I wasn't sure what to expect.  I thought I may have gotten these plants in the ground too late, but it looks as though we might get a small harvest from them after all.  Not bad for a handful of free plants.
The pole beans are chugging right along in these late days of summer.  Some of the plants have reached the tops of the tipis and soon will have beans that I will be unable to reach.  I'm not complaining though.  I have had a good harvest of green beans this year considering the small number of plants I planted. 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment