Saturday, May 11, 2013

Coming Soon to a Garden Near You

So this is the big weekend for planting in these parts and as soon as I am done working today, tomorrow and Monday, I will be out planting everything I can think of.  It's the moment I've been waiting for.  The last few days after work I have been getting my irrigation ditches in order in the latest garden expansion and hopefully everything will flow beautifully and water all my soon to be planted seeds.  The list of things to plant include: tomatoes, green peppers, corn(dent and sweet), beans, amaranth, millet, wheat, pumpkins, squash(four varieties), watermelons, honeydew melons, and maybe even some flowers around the edges if there is time.  I also need to replant my broccoli and brussel sprouts since the first round I planted was badly damaged by frost.  A few of those plants survived, but they are struggling and I want to actually get a harvest from them this year so I will be buying plants from the nursery to make up for my oops.  I will try to take pictures as I go along, but can't guarantee that I won't get carried away just playing in the dirt.  Happy gardening everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment