Friday, May 24, 2013

A Collection of Herbs

 
These areas are part of the herb bed that was started last year. 
 
This section has two kinds of Oregano (Greek and Italian) and Thyme.
 
 
These are the Chives that will be here for the third year (technically) since they were moved from the original herb space in the fenced part of the garden.  They are in full bloom right now and this herb has gotten larger every year.  It is one of the more showy herbs I have in the garden.  They add a beautiful garnish to salads and other dishes.
 
There is another area that I had dill in last year.  Dill is a prolific re-seeder and I doubt I will ever have to plant it on purpose again.
 
 The Strawberry patch also takes up a large area of the herb patch.  I am hoping they spread to fill out the area around the Peach tree and any blank areas in the herb patch.  Right now keeping the weeds out of that area is an uphill battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment