Thursday, April 18, 2013

Mud Season

It's officially spring here and April has no shortage of showers this year.  Last night it rained for hours which is great because we need the moisture here.  The only downside of all the rain is the way it turns our yard into a giant mudpit.  This is the kind of mud that sticks to everything including itself.  Ten steps across the yard will leave you standing tall on ten pounds of heavy clay mud.  The only way to remove it is to scrape it off on other things - stairs, rocks, trees, etc.  Either that or wait for it to dry and then clomp your shoes together until they become mud-free.  Around here you need a seperate pair of shoes to wear out in the garden or you will have some pretty unhappy co-workers following you around with a broom and a mop.  I have no complaints though.  The more it rains the less I need to water my garden, which gives me more time to sit and watch it grow!  I hope the rain brings in the flowers next month just like the saying goes.  I am so happy that it is time to garden again, not even a little mud is going to hold me back!

No comments:

Post a Comment