Saturday, April 20, 2013

More Snow!

We had another round of snow today with temperatures supposed to plummet into the 20's tonight.  At least this time around I was able to cover my plants ahead of time.  Last night I pulled the plastic tarps over the pea sprouts and the onion seedlings, covered the lettuce patch and wrapped up the peach tree in bed sheets.  I hope everything survives this second hit of cold and nasty weather.  Sometimes plants can tolerate one frost, but hit them over and over again with it and they will succumb to the elements.  I know the covers don't do that much to keep the plants warm but I figure that it is still better than nothing.  This time everything will be staying covered until the temps warm up again in a couple days - no peeking!  Now all I have to do is keep my fingers crossed and wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment