Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Another Lettuce Addition

It has been a couple weeks since I last expanded the lettuce patch and the next round of plants seemed pretty ready to go into the garden.  Here is what it looks like before the addition:
The lettuce has been coming along nicely in its protected little corner of the garden.
 
Here are the latest additions:

 
 
 and here is the row after the addition was planted:
 
Right now the lettuce is taking up about 1/3 of the bed I have planned for it.  I have one more set of seedlings that I started indoors that will be ready in a couple weeks. After that I will be planting the seeds directly into the garden every couple weeks to extend my harvest season.  So far things are looking promising as far as my lettuce goes.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment