Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Spring has Sprung in Garden Land

Spring is literally days away and now is the time to get busy starting all those seeds for things that like it hot outside.  Today was a major planting day.  I would have waited a few more days, but the forecast wasn't looking to bad, so I decided to make it an early start for the big planting.  This is what I planted today:  4 kinds of lettuce, spinach, broccoli, brussel sprouts, 3 kinds of peppers, 3 kinds of tomatoes, and cilantro.  I would have also started a few basil plants but I think I ran out of seed for them.  Guess I will have to pick some up next time I run to the store.

 
My seed starting shelves are literally jam packed.
 
Hopefully the weather stays nice enough that I can keep putting the seedlings outside.  Nothing beats real live sunlight when you are trying to get things growing.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment