Monday, February 25, 2013

Seedling Progress

It's time to plant another round of seedlings this week and in keeping with the theme, I planted many of the same seeds that I did last time around. It's been about 2 weeks since I planted the first batch and almost everything has sprouted. There are a few stagglers, but I just keep the pots watered and keep waiting. 
 
The spinach were the first to come up, followed by a couple of the different lettuces I planted. 

 
 
Next to arrive were the tiny chamomile sprouts and about half of the brussel sprouts.
 
The very last to come up were the cumin, endive, and celery. 
 
 The only things I didn't plant this time were the chamomile and cumin.  I replaced those with a few echinacea purpurea.  I basically doubled my lettuce, spinach, celery, and brussel sprout starts for everything else.



Also a side note - after I removed the saran wrap cover from the paper towel roll planters, the thick white mold subsided.  It is still visible, but has definatley shrunk and none of the seedlings seem affected by it.  I guess now we can just wait to see if they hold up until the plants are big enough to go in the garden.  Just keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment